The Nuffield Family Justice Observatory (FJO) has published a briefing paper on six key messages from research into contact between children in care or adopted children and their families. The key messages are:
- Focus on the quality of contact.
- Listen to the views of children and young people.
- Recognise the significance of siblings, grandparents, wider family and friends.
- Ensure that all involved are clear about the purpose of contact.
- Ensure that contact plans are tailored to each child and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure skilled professional support is available.
The paper can be downloaded here >